While most of the trends from 2017 have slid on into 2018 (90’s threads mainly), there’s a new boot on the block. In 2017, we saw the rise of the boot, quite literally speaking with the over the knee trend thanks to Stuart Weitzman. In 2018 boots are back to ankle height.
Here’s how to wear the ankle boot trend in 2018.
- Stick to heeled ankle boots. It doesn’t have to be anything drastic but to elongate the leg a square heel is a must. Let’s leave a flat sole to the military boot trend this winter.
- Opt for a structured boot. Last year the sock boot was a hit thanks to Yeezy. You could tuck in your pants or casually slide them on underneath. This year we’ve spotted Gigi Hadid, Kendall and Hailey in gloss patent leather ankle boots.
- Team them with cropped pants. Cropped denim or cropped pants in general are a winner with ankle boots. The clean finish of a cropped pant hovering just over the top of the ankle boot is a match made in heaven. So chic.
- Bold boots are in. We’re talking bold red, clean white and anything that will stand out. Gigi Hadid was recently spotted in a double denim vintage number with bold red ankle boots.
- Alternatively try low slung slouchy jeans. Funnily enough thanks to Em Rata’s LAX debut in low slung tan trousers, we’re not surprised to see some IT girls rocking low slung slouchy jeans. If this is more your style let the hemline hang over the top of your ankle boot.
We’re so excited to preview the Brooklyn Boot by James Smith this Winter 2018. We’ve designed a structured ankle boot with a heel in 4 of our favourite colours. The Brooklyn Boot will be available in Patent Black, Red Leather, Marigold Velvet and Navy Velvet.
The Brooklyn Boot features a zip entry, mid-size heel and slightly rounded toe. These babies will be available soon so make sure you are following us on Instagram for their release